What is a birdathon?
It is like a walk-a-thon or read-a-thon, but instead of counting steps or books, we count birds! It is an opportunity to get outside, learn your birds, and help raise funds for Cope Environmental Center. You can recruit supporters to pledge $.25, $.50, $1.00, or more for each different bird species (or they can support by making a flat donation!)
Countdown to CEC Birdathon 2021!
• Audobon – Guide to North American Birds, https://www.audubon.org/bird-guide
• Indiana Audobon – Backyard Birds of Indiana, https://indianaaudubon.org/backyard-birds-of-indiana/
• Indiana Audobon – IN State Bird Checklist, https://indianaaudubon.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/IN-State-Bird-Checklist.pdf
• Cornell Lab – All About Birds Resources, https://www.allaboutbirds.org/
Teams: Same as above but in teams no larger than 6. One of these six members will play the role of Team Captain. Teams can be families, friends, or coworkers and will compete against other teams. Team members can bird individually or in groups. All pledges toward the CEC Birdathon event are tax-deductible. Please use proper social distancing when birding in groups — even on trails. On PledgeIt, you will choose “Join a Team" if you are a team member or “Create a team" if you are a Team Captain.
Pledge: If you would rather keep track of other birder’s progress, you can support individuals or teams by pledging a donation to CEC per species or with a flat donation. On PledgeIt, you will click the “Pledge" button and choose a flat donation amount or a pledge per bird.
– Most Species seen by an individual (Either on a Team or as a Solo Birder) –
– Most Species seen by a Local Team (Within a 100 mile radius of CEC) –
– Most Species seen by a Distance Team (Outside a 100 mile radius of CEC) –
– Most Money raised by a Team (Anywhere in the world) –
– Most Money raised by an Individual (Anywhere in the world) –
A free individual membership will be given to all participants who raise $50 or more!
A free family membership will be given to all participants who raise $75 or more!
Have questions about the Bird-a-thon? Email email@example.com for more information!